Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hearts Popping





As Joy has been my intention lately, I've been noticing what I focus on. It all started one day when I was intentionally looking for hearts. I was seeing them pop up in the most unexpected places, it seemed everywhere. The long-lost heart-shaped stone found in the sandbox. On sidewalks, on graffiti walls. On my daughter's shoes and shirt. Even the clouds seemed to be floating by in a heart shaped dream, all purple and orange in the dusk sky. Seeing these hearts everywhere was magical. My own heart softened.

Now I notice my thoughts much more readily. 

I hear the judge a lot. I'm trying to have a conversation with the judge, find out where it's coming from. It seems to have helped me survive in the past, by separating things into what I like and what I don't like. Helped me manage things neatly.

But it's not working for me anymore. This judge just might turn into an angel if I want it to, if that's my intention.  Maybe I'll start seeing angels everywhere. Wouldn't that be neat?

No comments:

Post a Comment